Wednesday 11 February 2009

Electro-Biomedical Engineering - EBME


This is currently the form of the ward named after Matron Bell. I talk to Milton who is very generous with his time and tells me what happens in this little known but vital part of the hospital. He remembers a Matron Bell who was one of the younger nurses pictured in the 60th Anniversary copy of the In-House magazine. She was there when Milton first began working at the hospital many years ago. She was also held in very high regard. Milton suggests I come back early on a Monday or Tuesday and meet with Les Rooks who has a very long service record at the hospital.

I have also discovered that the Matron Bell's secretary for 25 years was called Mary through the Downhamonline community forum. I created a thread on Matron Bell which led to a discussion on 'coddled eggs'....
http://www.downhamonline.org.uk/

No comments: